SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee1

More art questions .. Hanging an eclectic collection.

zipdee1
9 years ago

Ok .. Not sure if you all remember me posting my daughters octopus Zentangle needing help on framing. She just received that back so we'll be moving forward. I have a few other of her pieces I'd like to hang, but it's an eclectic mix. Do you chose your art for the vibe of your house? Or do you hang what you like and if so, how do you do it with out looking mish mashed. She's doing portraiture this semester, this is the first of a series of painting done in paint .. Up until now all faces have been sketched or charcoals.

I'm putting her write up below about it.

Here is the finished piece of one of my projects that I featured during the 3 day, 3 artwork challenge. For a little bit of background information, I am currently in Art IV and had to pick a theme to study, while choosing a common thread within my pieces as I compiled them throughout this semester (There will be 9 total). I choose to study portraiture with the intent of showing 9 very varied individuals, with a piece of their culture/personality being depicted in each respective piece (My ultimate goal is to tell a story by showing the unique beauty that can be found within each of these individuals). This one depicts an Ethiopian girl, and the loosely painted circle in the background is a lip disk that the culture is known to insert into their lower lip. I wanted to portray her with several colors integrated into her face to give her an earthy, vibrant, and loose feel to show the starkness of her features. I used the reference photo that is attached as a baseline to begin with, and then painted and altered the photo freely from my initial sketch. This piece is done entirely out acrylic paint on canvas and is my first person that I have ever painted (The photos I've attached show the piece in different lighting, the second and first being the truest to what you would see physically).

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022