SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rault85

Sad FS discovery

Rault85
9 years ago

I've never been one to over think the use of FS. I always just used a little and diluted it by half and never had any issues. Early this morning my husband noticed that the sink was backing up and it was backing up into the washer drain and spilling out onto the laundry room floor. Maintenance came out and after some discussion and snaking out of a pipe on the roof, they stuck a camera down and when all was said and done there was a blockage of a jelly, greasy type of substance. After it's been in use a while, my Downy will get all gummy in the lid and around the mouth of the bottle and thats exactly what this looked like... and it smelled like Downy. The guys then checked the washer drain and it too was thickly coated in FS. We've only been in this house for a short while (military housing) and they are at least 20 years old with a constant stream of new tenants so Im quite sure the buildup was not entirely me but either way Im bummed. I thought that by using less and diluting it with hot water that I wouldn't have any issues but now that I see that the stuff can actually clog a drain, I won't be using it all. We have water that it so hard it might as well be solid so our clothes will be rough and static-y but thats got to be better than a giant goo ball, right?

Comments (3)