SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kymberie

Floor Plan/Kitchen Help - Please :)

Kim Le
9 years ago

I cross-posted this here in Kitchens as well.

Please forgive me, I am not sure if this post should be in kitchens or building a home. I cross-posted in both forums. Here is the kitchen plan I had drawn up for my first house plan. I have a large sink looking out to the backyard. Love! It does not line up the house plan perfectly below, since I do not have access to the pantry from the kitchen plan. I was planning on getting rid of the large pantry in that location.

Old Plan is below. I love the plan and how it is laid out with the kitchen, dining and living room, but I do not like the long hallway from the entry way to the master bedroom. The front of the house is the right side of the picture with no real curb appeal as we opted for a side entrance vs. a front entrance. The entry area would actually be extended to be more of a welcoming porch so it would stick out from the garage. You can make out a pencil mark where we drew in angle for an entry. We had too many changes so we changed directions to a new plan. See below.

Our newest plan, still not perfect. But as you can see, it is an interior wall that has no window at a sink. I have the sink in the island. There are windows in the living room and dining room, but it does not give direct natural light. I am still not totally in love with this plan, but there are parts that I do like. I am trying to like the kitchen, but I haven't been able to commit. I could change the layout so that the island faces into the living room, but then the rest of the space gets 'wonky.'

A BIG thank you to all who help with any ideas!

Comment