SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skttls

What can I do to learn more about planting or farming????

skttls
9 years ago

Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening... actually the hydroponics method is the first time that I planted anything. So far I am able to plant Grand rapids lettuce and Green shinkang pechay using the floating raft technique. In searching for the next steps for my hydroponic venture, I realized that what I lack was not the knowledge in hydroponics, but the knowledge in general gardening or planting... (Honestly, I don't know what those 1mm black jumping bugs in the soil are. Freaked me out at first, but it doesn't seem to be harming my plants so I let them be..) All the possible problems, conditions for plant growth, expansions are all related more on planting rather than the hydroponics system.

What can I do to learn more about planting or farming???? I'm thinking of going bigger and maybe earning a bit of profit, any advice on what I should know first?

I live in Manila, Philippines by the way; and I'm actually confused as to how hydroponics could be a form of urban farming business seeing that it occupies only slightly less than the space needed for conventional farming.

Comments (3)