SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mountainsong_gw

Trying to learn more about a plant...'angelona?'

mountainsong
17 years ago

Hello All,

In late June, DD and I visited the Central NY Regional Market in Syracuse. I bought 2 packs of annual plants. They were in containers larger than the 6-pak cell packs, and at the time, I considered not buying them, because for annuals, they were expensive.

The flowers in one pack were white, the other purple. They have tiny little blooms, and are about 12-18" high, with a vertical habit. Considering that I planted them at the edge of my new garden, where I hadn't really gotten the soil as ready (well-cultivated, composted, etc.), they are doing GREAT! They are planted in partial sun. I really love these flowers, and would like to grow more next year. I noticed, as I walked away from the booth, that they are hybrids. I mentioned it to the vendor, and asked, "So saving the seeds from these won't do me any good??" and he smiled, and said, "Nope, they don't want you to do it yourself." Grrr. "THEY." Do hybrids make anyone else crazy??

Anyhow, I've searched the internet, without a lot of luck. One place in NH might have what I'm looking for, but no photo. Most plant databases yield zilch. Does anyone either know this plant, or have better ideas for finding them on the net?? Ultimately, I'd love to find them in non-hybrid form, so I could save seeds...never seen this seed for sale.

Thanks in advance.

Mountainsong

PS If anyone can tell me how to put pictures in my posts, I'd be happy to try to get a photo on here!

Comments (8)