About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Garden Web must do more...sooner
Comments (50)I like the simplicity of the GW basic black-and-white format (and hate the recent incursion of ads/ color around the edges). I find the formats of other garden forums I've looked at to be too 'busy', distracting from what I want from a garden site. - i.e. to talk gardens and plants with other gardeners. I like and use the text emotion conventions, such as :-) , but don't like the colourful icon ones. Being able to upload multiple pictures from your computer would be useful, although I don't find it particularly inconvenient to use a photo hosting site since it keep some of my garden photos on one anyway....See MorePhotos,of GF and Garden Web-bers
Comments (7)Smallfern SO SORRY I mis named you in the above post. I had to really laugh as I watched smallfern,she is a beautiful tiny thing talk to one of the MGs who is a VERY tall man. I was at the back of the tent. She kept asking about goldenpond or tanya and he was getting more and more confused ,rubbing his chin and finally pointing in my direction like we were both from outer space. When I figured out what was going on I shouted" IM goldenpond!"and when running up to greet her THAT really blew his mind like we were in some secret society! Hubby had taken the camera and left with our grandson or I would have gotten a shot of her too....See MoreUPDATE: Fall 2014 Theme Garden Seed Swap in Progress
Comments (84)Karen, What a delightful story... Thank you to all who sent seeds in special for me. I'll name what was sent in for me all stapled up as I am looking my theme swap seeds. jensyen sent one for each of my themes.,poisondart sent me 5 commercial packets jaynine..I got 3 packets of petunia excerta"i'm sure you only sent one special for me>, I think I will have enough of them to last a couple of seasons! Jaynine also sent var. dames rocket...yay! panhandle sent me 2 special packets of seeds labeled please do not touch, they are from ishares wishlist. She also sent bells of Ireland. I got a good chuckle out of them labeled that way! yotetrapper sent me 3 packets one is ivy leaves mg .Primrose sent me a couple of nice arisaemas ,dem-pa sent sweet sultan, hollyhock pink and celosia pink .promise sent 3 packs of seeds, bells of Ireland being one of them. Susiequsi sent some petunias...Susie, keep your eye out for an email from me. I wish I could list them all but I had lots with no players name on them so I am unable to mention you here. Jeannie, I got the most packets from you ,20/25, you didn't need to throw those in to fill in. I didn't need to get anywhere near the same number of packets back. I'm sorry maybe I forgot to tell you that this year. Oh, another interesting packet was labeled" a bit of a mystery, blue flower on wispy stem" no player name on the packet though...I'm thinking nigella, YOU? I'm very curious to know who the person was that played but didn't get seeds back. I didn't have anything from anyone not getting seeds back "not that this is a problem, I don't always have something for everyone either!>....just that curiosity killed the cat and what he found out brought him back...haha. I have an idea of who it may have been but I'm not sure as I didn't get any packets from them. Again, thank you everyone! Lisa...See MoreFirefox Stylish add on to customize your Garden Web site
Comments (22)I don't know how it is on a Mac, but on a PC I have found it for the three browsers I use: Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I also installed it for Firefox on an Android tablet, and it works there too. I think there are less options on the tablet though. Very few use Opera, so I will elaborate on the others. In my Firefox and Chrome on the PC all the way in the upper right below the close window button there is a button that looks like three horizontal lines. Click that to see more menus. In Firefox you want to select "Add-ons" then search for add-ons. In Chrome select "More Tools", then "Extensions", then go to get more extensions. Search for "Stylish" made by userstyles.org, the logo is a white S with color blocks behind it. Install it. Then on your browser toolbar there will be a button with an S on it. When you are on a website that you want to see if there are any styles for, just click it to find styles for that site. You can pick a style and install it which just means copying some stylesheet text to your computer that is applied just when you visit that site. You can use the button in the toolbar to toggle the style on and off, and even use multiple styles on the same site. I made one to change color and font, and another to experiment with layout, but have both enabled at the same time. You can update or remove the styles and the add-on at any time. Anyone can create and submit a style to the site, and you can always change the style after it is on your computer too if you know a little css code. I just found a good color selector that gives you the color codes to use either for handcoding or entering into the form at userstyles before downloading the styles with options. I made my default style with grey because it was easier on my eyes, but it is very blah. The other ones are dressier. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp Probably more than you want to know, but I thought it would be helpful for anyone not familiar with installing add-ons. Stylish has been helpful to me. At first I tried just darkening my screen to avoid the eye strain, but that just made all the pictures too dark to see....See More- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Stories

COLORHave You Heard the Hues? 15 Colors You May Not Know About
Name-drop these shades at holiday parties — or better, try one on your walls — and expand your palette possibilities
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNStars and Myths Inspire a Contemporary London Garden
A sinuously snaking path, tiles like dragon skin and a triad of stone apples give a British garden an air of enchantment
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIES3 Ways Native Plants Make Gardening So Much Better
You probably know about the lower maintenance. But native plants' other benefits go far beyond a little less watering and weeding
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNNatural Swimming Pools: More Beauty, No Chemicals
Keep your skin and the environment healthy with a pool that cleans itself, naturally
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESMy Houzz: Dreamy, Organic Style in a Tampa Cottage
Plentiful white paint and timeworn treasures create a light and natural feel in a 1940 Florida home
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Going Heavy on the Metal for Industrial-Style Beauty
Steel and iron pieces mix with antiques and heirlooms in an eclectic Netherlands home
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Comfortable Country Style in Cincinnati
Warm colors, extra rooms and plush furniture make a couple's farmhouse-style home worth sharing with guests
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHow to Get Authentic French Style in Your Home
Move over Shabby Chic and French Provincial. These myths and realities reveal the real look of French decor
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESElements of Classic Coastal Style
Crisp whites and marine blues, nautical accents and tailored furnishings combine for classic coastal appeal
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHaul These Fab Airstream Styles Home
Borrow decorating ideas from these 9 space-savvy vintage trailers to polish a small interior that stays put
Full StoryMore Discussions


Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)