SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Photos,of GF and Garden Web-bers

goldenpond
15 years ago

Well Katkin our hubbies and I hung out at the foodcourt looking for y'all.I was bravely walking up to people and asking "Are you a Garden Web-ber?"

Always i got a puzzled look and then just said "never mind".

Anyway we had a nice chat and my sweet grandson took these photos,not bad for a 10 year old.

When I went to the Master Gardener Booth one of the MGs said Did you see Cheryl from the other coast? She was here but I told her you weren't coming. WHAT!!!!!!!

Sorry Cheryl I really would like to have met you. Later i met treefern who lives in Sebastian just a short way north of Vero. She and her husband are so sweet!

Also Mitch was in the booth next to the MGs and I bought two mini mint plants and an ASIAN Hollyhock from him.

Last year I wanted one and didnt get one and thought about it all year.

{{gwi:809749}}

I think my grandson was trying to crawl over Katkins plants

{{gwi:809756}}

we were wondering how hard these would be to make

{{gwi:809761}}

{{gwi:809763}}

Comments (7)

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Tanya, you have mail.

The photo's are great, too bad more GW members didn't show up.

• whgille
    15 years ago

Goldenpond, Katkin

Nice to see you both! I am glad you had a good time, except for the painted bromeliads. I don't know how anyone can do that. It would been good that you took the picture of this vendor and posted on the gardenweb, so no one can buy from him. Been tricky is not going to take him too far.

Willy

• manature
    15 years ago

HI, GP, Katkin & Hubbies!!! *me, waving here*

Nice to see you after all this time, GP! (Katkin, I must say Ralph is looking dapper in his fedora!)

Glad you guys had fun, and sorry there weren't more GW folks there. Maybe you just missed each other?

Love the pictures and I think that larger blue bench is exactly what I need under my iron trellis/bench. (The legs rusted out after two years, darnit, and I need a new bench just to sit under the trellis area. That would work perfectly, and looks VERY easy.

Thanks for sharing!

Marcia

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks, Marcia. Hats really aren't Ralph style, but he must wear the biggest brim ones he can find along with 85 block as he has had skin cancer.

Willy, I would have loved to have met you. Hope you'll excuse my ranting, but I've never been tricked like that before and it really hurt my pride as well as my pocket book. $40 for common bromeliads is really a sin especially in this ecconmy. This plant sale has always been the high light of my year. So it was a true disappointment to me.

• smallfern
    15 years ago

This novice gardener found the Fest fascinating. And I got to meet Goldenpond too!

We got some business cards and once we get our final grading and sodding done, we will visit those nurseries, now that we know who sells what, and what we can manage on our tiny new garden plot.

Hope to meet more Garden Web-bers at the next event (at Riverview Park?) later this year.

• manature
    15 years ago

Katkin, I can identify with Ralph...I've had skin cancer 5 times and wear industrial strength sunblock even to go to the mailbox! I just can't wear hats, though. I get SUCH a headache, plus they make me so hot. (And I don't mean that in a good way!) I try to wear them when gardening, and before I know it, they are on the ground.

I think he looks great with his, though!

Marcia

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Smallfern SO SORRY I mis named you in the above post.
    I had to really laugh as I watched
    smallfern,she is a beautiful tiny thing talk to one of the MGs who is a VERY tall man.
    I was at the back of the tent. She kept asking about goldenpond or tanya and he was getting more and
    more confused ,rubbing his chin and finally pointing in my direction like we were both from outer space. When I figured out what was going on I shouted" IM goldenpond!"and when running up to greet her THAT really blew his mind like we were in some secret society!
    Hubby had taken the camera and left with our grandson or I would have gotten a shot of her too.