SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gchmom

can someone help me plan/design pantry?

lmgch
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I love my KD, but just not thrilled with what she's brought to the table re: pantry. It's not a huge space and not a ton can be done with it, but I want to maximize every single inch.

Dimensions are 86 3/4" wide back wall, 35 3/8" deep side walls, front opening is 4'10" (barn sliders) and there will be two small return walls each 14 1/4" wide. Ceiling height will be 97 3/4".

My first priority for storage needs is a place to put appliances that are used with less than daily frequency - specifically my stand mixer, my food processor, my vitamix, my ice cream maker, my panini press/griddle, and my slow cooker. I want these to go on pull outs for totally easy access.

I'd also like the very lower portion to be open (no need for bottom shelf) for storage of larger bulky items like paper towels, cases of water, etc

I drew out the back wall and mapped out what I was thinking I'd like in terms of the lower center storage, but beyond this I'm stuck. I want there to be two center pull outs that utilize the space of the doorway opening, so accounting for an inch of wall in between each column of pull outs, that would allow me 28 1/2" wide pull outs. If I were to do this width by 18" deep (18" interior space, so probably 19" total, right?) pull outs, does anyone know if they would be too bulky? meaning would the weight of the pull out itself make it less functional because it wouldn't be able to hold as much before reaching maximum weight?

I'm really quite stuck and need some help figuring out best use of space. One of the side walls needs to function as a broom closet with hooks for hanging broom, dust pan, swiffer, etc.

I am partial to pull outs and would love to see them go up as far as makes sense b/c it minimizes things getting stuff in the back of a shelf.

I'm posting my drawing of the back wall.

I would so appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Many thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012