SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamskc

Need you to tell me mixing cool with warm is ok.

iamskc
9 years ago

Because it seems I have either chosen or confirmed the choices my kind-of-designer has chosen that consistently mix the two throughout my nearly finished, new house. I'm wondering if this consistency of mixing opposites is actually going to result in a lack of visual comfort and feeling of peace in the home.

50 shades of gray walls. I like gray. Always have. And my designer seems to be in love. She isn't really my designer. She was suppose to be the builder's designer but got yanked over into what they now call builder liaison. Doing many different jobs and only weighing in on design now and then. A recipe for confusion, yes?

Two examples of many: 1) Masterbath: browny cream colored countertops. Creamy travertine on the floor. Medium Gray walls almost blue steel. Color is Argos, I believe, Sherwin Williams. I'm just staring at the mix and thinking... this looks... odd. Or not?

2) Master bedroom: BMs Kendall Charcoal walls with a light beige carpet. Dark wood bed with a huge light linen colored canvas sack-like headboard. Silver/gray/charcoal curtains. Complete contrast of warm and cool in both spaces. I know some will say "it's just a matter of what you like" but I want to get more specific than that.

No pics yet. It's not put together in real time. But it's in progress.

Thoughts? Thank you so much!1

Comments (7)