SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkkpearls

1st bad gardening experience - mean neighbors :(

pinkkpearls
9 years ago

So I just moved into my house maybe 7/8 months ago, so I'm getting to know my neighbors - one I speak to often as her husband and mine took a liking to one another. Well apparently my neighbors have been calling me "the weird plant lady" and it really hurts my feelings. I've always wanted to garden bc I am just in love with plants and I can't help it - plus with all my new plants, I want to ensure everything is healthy and growing well this 1st season.

Lately, I don't want to be seen outside gardening. I usually don't care what people think about me, but this hurt me pretty bad. My routine is checking all my beds w/my cup of coffee before I leave to work - pinching, watering, etc. and sometimes when I get home and most definitely on the weekend I'm doing some type of gardening. Now I just want to hop in the car and go.

Has anyone ever experienced any ridicule due to your love for gardening? Am I obsessing too much over my beds? Should I not check them everyday?

My plan was to give my neighbors around me a bouquet of flowers from my cutting garden this summer and a basket of my 1st harvest veggies/fruits as a kind gesture, now I'm not sure if I even should.

Comments (32)