SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caryselle

Feedback on House Plan for first time builders, please!

caryselle
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi,

We are in the process of designing (building) a home for a family of five (three boys) which will be on a 2.5 acre lot. It is a basement walkout.

There are some changes we are wanting, from the design we have, which I will list:

- slider door for the access from kitchen to deck (so we have a bug screen) instead of a door.

- move the washer/dryer and sink to one wall (not the bedroom wall) so another wall can be used as a desk/hobby space

- not sure about the 'kids entry door' by the garage.....thinking that it is 'crowded' by the stairs. We did have it in the mudroom, but moved it to see how it looked.

- there is a simple loft above the garage, with a small bathroom/shower

- there will be a door on the far side of the garage to the exterior

- Kitchen layout will change, fridge will be at the end on the wall shared with the pantry (far end opposite the wet bar), and hopefully counter sunk into the pantry space? So it doesn't stick out.

The back yard is south/west facing, and the property is surrounded by various trees (some of which will be cleared away). We will be on septic and a well.

We have done lots to get the size as close to 3,000 sq feet, without compromising what we have on our wish list.

Thanks in advance! (I will try to figure out how to attach a photo of the lower floor....bear with me)

Comments (14)