SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
balboa2151

please help...need new windows

balboa2151
9 years ago

hi all....I desperately need help on which replacement window is best? I have certainteed windows that are in my home now...they are about ten years old and have failed miserably. every morning there is about an inch of condensation on inside of the house on window( and we do not use a humidifier) and some of the windows you can't see out of the glass. I contacted certainteed and they want to replace just the glass....not the whole window. I think doing it this way is not going to fix the problem so I'm set on purchasing new windows. I've been doing hours of researching which replacement window would be best. I live in new jersey and what I've found is that many people say that sunrise and okna are probably the best but they don't sell to the public. I did construction for about ten years so I'm capable of installing them myself. so I'm stuck with....reliabilt....American craftsman...Simonton...Viwinco and plygem. consumer reports rates Simonton #1...reliabilt #2 and American craftsman #3....but when you google reviews they all get horrible ratings for quality and air leakage. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (6)