SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

Wild Rice

bcskye
9 years ago

About a week ago DH and I watched an episode of America's Test Kitchen he'd recorded for me when I was out. They made a wild rice and mushroom soup that we thought looked good. We are soup and stew people in colder weather. Well, I got all the ingredients and made it the other day. Absolutely heavenly. Neither of us had ever had wild rice before. We loved this soup and will have it often. It took a while for me to make it since it was the first time and I couldn't find my garlic mincer, but I'm sure it will take less time from now on.

Now my question. I used Gourmet House all natural Minnesota cultivated wild rice. I also have some Reese all natural Minnesota wild rice, paddy grown. Are these good brands or should I look for others. I know we have at least one wild rice expert here that I think lives in Minnesota. The Gourmet House rice I used tasted wonderful to us, but like I said, we'd never had wild rice and don't know if there is better or not. I am now hoping for other delicious ways to fix it.

Oh, and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and bought another Joseph Joseph Rocker garlic mincer to replace the misplaced one. I absolutely hated mincing the garlic by hand.

Comments (19)