SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Want to know how the Caputo gnocchi turned out?

donna_loomis
9 years ago

I will be sending DH back to the Dollar Store to pick up more. I looked at several recipes for fried gnocchi and took ideas from at least three and here is what I came up with - I put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil. While that was heating up, I cut three slices of bacon into small pieces and cooked them, then removed the bacon to a small bowl. I wiped the bacon grease out of the pan, sliced an onion, added a tablespoon of butter to the pan and sauteed the onions, then added the onions to the bowl with the bacon. By this time, the water had come to a boil, so I dumped the gnocchi in and briefly cooked them. I strained them and put them in the same pan I had cooked the bacon and onions in (along with about a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of butter). While the gnocchi were browning, I chopped a clove of garlic and sauteed it in a tiny saucepan with another teaspoon of butter, then added about a cup of cream and a little more than a quarter cup of grated parmesan. I just heated it, did not bring it even to a simmer, then removed the pan from the burner. When the gnocchi were nicely browned, I added the bacon and onions back into the pan and tossed them together, then added the cream mixture, which immediately thickened (I suppose from the flour in the gnocchi). Dinnertime! I served it with Italian sausage and broccoli spears. DH was very impressed. Low-fat? Of course not. But so very delicious.

Comments (7)