SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewkuhn

X-Post - Please Critique My Lighting Plan!

Andrew K.
9 years ago

GW,
Hello everyone - posting this over here at the request of another member (and a smart call it was) as I was in the lighting forum but wasn't sharp enough to get this over here sooner. I'm in need of feedback of my electrical lay out. Details are below and please feel free to ask me if you have other questions. This site has been incredible and I can't wait to show how much this site has helped me to make my dream home truly my DREAM HOME.

I've got my electrician doing rough electrical next week and still working on perfecting the lighting layout. I didn't draw electrical outlets to somewhat clear up the pages and please ask questions if something doesn't make sense or isn't clear.

I'm also posting the elevations to help you get a feel for the overall home. Thanks in advance!

Andrew

========
A little bit about the house: 3100 sq ft, 4 Bed, 3.5 Bath, traditional style house on 3 above grade levels. Think White kitchen, dark hardwoods, lots of gray/white color scheme with marble, and lots of woodwork and trim. (Coiffured ceilings, wainscoting, etc.) The back will have a 300sq. ft. covered (but open patio with a grill (or fireplace/tv) built into a stone wall on the open side of the house.

Elevation will be using real stone veneer on front & chair rail all the way around house with ledge stone sills, and hardie straight shingle & siding in a Green/Stone/Cream/Bronze color palate.

All of that background info out of the way - here is the lighting schmatic as I have it now. All interior recessed cans will be 4" LEDs.

Exterior Elevations:
-Elevation will be using real stone veneer on front & chair rail all the way around house with ledge stone sills, and hardie straight shingle & siding in a Green/Stone/Cream/Bronze color palate:
Exterior Elevation photo:
{{gwi:2144196}}

First Floor:
-8'3" First Floor Ceilings
-12" Large Pendants over Island (Calcutta Super White Quartzite
-6" Cans on Outdoor Patio (through double french doors)
-9 Section Coiffured Ceiling in Great Room (Center Rectangle Larger
-9 Section (Squares) Coiffured Ceiling in Library/Den

{{gwi:2144197}}

Second Floor:
-Please ask if specific questions on lighting for 2nd Floor or drawing doesn't make sense.

{{gwi:2144198}}

Third Floor:
-Primarily used as Exercise / Chill space.
-6" Can in center - Vaulted Ceiling
-4" Cans in Dormers
-Stairway will not be full walls but rather a 1/2 wall or stair rail as entire space is open loft area with most likely daybed/pull out couch.

{{gwi:2144199}}

I really look forward to "best practices" or tips of "things I wish I would have done different" advice from experience.

Thanks in advance, this truly is the best site on the internet for those of us building/renovating homes!

Andrew

This post was edited by AndrewDK on Wed, Feb 4, 15 at 18:58

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living