SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewkuhn

Please Critique My Lighting Plan!! (Line Item Quote Included!)

Andrew K.
9 years ago

GW,

I recently posted a thread in this forum discussing the updates in LED & Recessed Lighting by the title: "Has Anything Changed In Recessed LED Since 2012"

Link: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lighting/msg0120373313028.html?19

In that thread I mentioned I would post my Lighting Schematic (Proposal) once I had received and I finally have. I want to get this right so I brought it here for forum feedback. (Plus I didn't want to side-track the other thread by posting this - as I'd like this thread to be a stand-alone resource for those who are presented with this situation in the future).

That being said I'll post the proposed lighting schematic drawn by the electrician after an initial walk-through last week as well as his line item quote for your feedback.

A little bit about the house: 3100 sq ft, 4 Bed, 3.5 Bath, traditional style house on 3 above grade levels. Think White kitchen, dark hardwoods, lots of gray/white color scheme with marble, and lots of woodwork and trim. (Coiffured ceilings, wainscoting, etc.)

The recessed cans will primarily be 4" and he buys most of his supplies at Home Depot.

After some great advice from David Tay and several others I am now planning on integrating the Lutron RadioRA2 wireless system into his electrical plans so feedback on that is welcome as well.

So - Here Are The Plans:
First Floor:
{{gwi:2135499}}

Second Floor:

{{gwi:2135500}}

Third Floor:
{{gwi:2135501}}

Finally - The Line Item Quote:
{{gwi:2135502}}

So - My questions are:

#1 - What would you change as far as lighting placement goes? I'm mostly interested in the recessed cans positioning, especially considering I plan on using 4" housings & LED retrofit kits. (Either Feit 2700K enhance or CREE kits)

#2 - Do the electrical output placements look correct? My architect just put those on there so I have no clue if they make sense / are enough, not enough, etc.?

#3 - He doesn't seem that experienced with under-cabinet lighting? His price seems high and I'd rather decide the LED light strip products he uses (With feedback from here)

#4 - I have access to the Lutron RadioRA2 system/equip. - how do I best plan out a whole house set-up and make sure he installs the correct dimmers, etc. instead of Home Depot specials?

#5 - Is 60Amp service to a 4 car garage enough? Especially if I plan on having a 4 post lift and doing some work out there?

#6 - I plan on having a 22kw Generac Generator (Natural Gas) installed - what should I expect to see my electrician charge me for the panel install, etc.?

I'm sure there are plenty of other questions I should be asking so please feel free to comment on all aspects. Thanks in advance! ...

Comments (10)