SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kzim_gw

Hope this kitchen next year will be hosting the Super Bowl Party!

kzim_gw
9 years ago

Hi!
We are building a new home. We entertain often and want a kitchen that will allow good conversation between people in the great room, dining room, and kitchen at the same time.
With the knowledge I have acquired from this forum I think I have a rough plan. But since we have been in a small apartment for over a year and trying to visualize things is not easy.

I was able to get accurate measurements of our kitchen space and took these to a kitchen designer to get a layout.
I hope to get Shiloh cabinets from her. I would appreciate your thoughts on the configurations. I like many things about her plan but I wonder about a few things.

Thank You Garden Webers!!
Here are a few points:
* The stove top and oven wall is 13ft from stud to stud
* The fridge wall is 11ft stud to stud
* There is a walk-in pantry next to the double oven
* There is a microwave in the island. Not sure I want one there. We use a microwave very little.
* The fridge wall will have a all-freezer tower with a ice maker next to it. And a all-refrigerator tower at the other end of the wall. We will keep most beverage things on this wall such as a coffee maker, blender, etc
* The island is 4feet wide. I do not remember how long she has it. I want the biggest island I can have so I have a lot of space to work at. So I do like the sink off centered in the island because of that.
* Can I go bigger on the island?
* This is a open floor plan house with 10ft high ceilings. When at the sink you are looking at the great room and fireplace wall. The dining area is then to the left of the sink
* I asled for all drawers on the bottom but wondering about the amount and size of the drawers she put on the "cooking walls"
* She did not give me the cabinet measurements she came up with.

{{gwi:2139439}}
{{gwi:2139440}}
{{gwi:2139441}}
{{gwi:2139442}}
{{gwi:2139443}}
{{gwi:2139444}}

Comments (11)