SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Time to bury the money!! New Year's Eve tradition

So if you have done this in the past it is time to do it again!
I have done it for years now and will continue to do it.

For those new to it, this is an extremely old tradition from various cultures, I learned of it years ago on another forum and continue it every year.
You basically bury a small amount of money on New years eve and dig it up on New years day and it is supposed to help have unexpected money come to you, not by any unpleasant means but by unexpected means. In other words not by a death and inheritance. It has happened each year for us, sometimes large amounts some times small. One year it was a check for a lawsuit we had no idea we were part of but it was an insurance company we had belonged to and when the case was settled they sent out checks to everyone it was around $300, totally unexpected and knew nothing about it.

So this is what you do.
Today anytime before midnight you take your money, I use a dollar bill because you can never spend this money, you can donate it but not spend it. So take the dollar bill, I put mine in a ziploc baggie, and take your spoon or trowel and dig a hole outside in the dirt or in a flower pot if you don't have a yard. As you dig you say I am burying my poverty I am burying my misfortune. Put the dollar or money in the hole and cover it up. I leave my trowel there so I remember where it is.
You are done for today.
On New Year's day(anytime before midnight) you go back out and dig it up, as you dig it up you say I am uncovering my wealth and my good fortune. Take the money and put it away never to be used.
I have a baggie full of the dollar bills I have used. I will donate them when I have a nice amount. Just remember you can not spend that money.

That is it all done. Sometime in the following new year you should unexpectedly get some money.

I do it just for the fun of it and that now it has become a fun tradition and hey if it works and money shows up that is all good too.

So do with it what you want! Have fun or ignore, it's all good.

Happy New Year!

Comments (29)