SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
househunter2421

BM Swiss Coffee, Linen White or Timid White? Help!

Honu3421
9 years ago

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and have learned a lot about paint. But not enough, it seems, to be able to select an interior color for our new build! We narrowed it down to the three listed in the subject heading but I am open to more choices.

Since I have no pictures, here is a little bit about our house. We have east, west and south light. Windows have large overhangs so we get limited direct light - mostly in the morning. Floor plan is open. Floors will be Expanko Heirloom cork medium color, ceilings will be SW No Tint White. We live in Hawaii so intense sun and lots of green outside our windows. Furniture is neutral; beige, golds, greens and slate blue with red accents. Our art is our decorating focal point. Medium to large oils of the surrounding ocean and mountains by noted local artists. I notice that our art really looks good when the walls have a slight yellow tinge (happens in our bedroom morning and afternoon). It really makes the subtle yellows in the art jump out. But I don't want to go too yellow.

1. Will Swiss Coffee look dirty after a few years? This is DH's pick and it looked great last night as I moved my brush outs around our current house. But not so much this morning during natural daylight and I am a little worried how it will hold up over time as far as turning dingy. Is this more of a builder's grade color?

2. I am leaning toward timid white with Linen White a close second. Any issues with Timid White?

3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Honu

Here is a link that might be useful: Cork Flooring Medium Color

Comments (27)