SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charon70

Retrofit existing cabinets or buy new ones...HELP!!!!

charon70
9 years ago

Hello Garden Web Family! I am interested in making a few changes in my kitchen. I would like to change the tall cabinet to one that is cut for a microwave, single oven, and warming drawer. I also would like to have a built in look for the fridge. What has to be done to retrofit these cabinets? Is it expensive to do? Or should I just change out the cabinets.

I am having a difficult time finding a cabinet that matches the finish of the other cabinets. I do not know who manufactured the cabinets. I was thinking about getting a cabinet maker to custom make the cabinets and paint them. This way I could paint the remainder of my cabinets the same color. A kitchen designer at Home Depot recommended that I add black cabinets since it will coordinate well with my decor and the rest of the cabinets.

I attached a photo of the tall cabinet I would like to retrofit or change out. I am putting together a plan and budget to remodel my kitchen. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated! !!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner