SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d_dee

adult step son and his girlfriend lives with us

d.dee
9 years ago

i just want my privacy. we have never had any.
met 7 years ago. we moved in together. kids were almost out of high school. i am now 53 yo woman..menopause mood swings and other health issues i want to be private in my own home..
. now his 24 YO son has been home for a year and his girlfriend moved in 5 months ago.
they want to take out a 2nd car loan.!
they do not know i want them to move as we generally get along and hubby won't ask them their plans and will not ask them for fear thy will thunk we want them out..
YES i do , they are fine good kids. but enough
(and eonly because i bit my tongue about the "princess" not ever using a broom or toilet brush..
we have one bathroom and small hem with 2 bedrooms..
also mothering law rents our cabin (so the kids can't live there yet) even though she and her husband have an apartment in another state and lots of money they stay in the cold and dirty 1 room cabin!
..they want to be by us..but them being here in my home all the time , stopping in, is really bugging me..

my son is a college grad and rents a room away from home and is independent..

hep me cope or should i rent myself an efficiency until every one leaves? they may never go and hubby wants them here. what to do. ? we need a bigger house! can't afford it and who will clean it? not me!

Comments (5)