SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmk9785e_gw

New Countertop doesn't allow installing drawerfronts

rmk9785e
9 years ago

During a condo kitchen remodeling, there was lack of coordination between cabinet installer and countertop fabricator. The quartz countertop was installed before the drawer fronts. They are pointing fingers at each other and at the cabinet manufacturer for not specifying a 3/4" plywood above cabinets.
As the attached pictures show, the drawerfront doesn't have enough clearance below the countertop bulnose to fit.
These are glossy white thermofoil covered drawer fronts.

I'm thinking my options (from least expensive to most) are:
1) Find a source for custom-made drawer front that is 1/8" shorter on top. I'm having difficulty finding a source in North America.
2) Install the drawer and cabinet fronts 1/8" lower. This means installing cabinets doors lower as well. Would appear abnormal and not uniform to other cabinets.
3) Cut bullnose 1/8" shorter in height. Would appear shorter than the other side.
4) Remove bullnose, use magnetic sensor to locate all screws, Cut screws with a rotary tool and then lift the countertop 1/8".
5) Remove quartz backsplash, remove quartz countertop, remove old plywood, install new plywood, fabricate and install new countertop.

Any better ideas?

Comments (28)