SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aries61

Finally ordered cabinets after 3 1/2 years!

aries61
9 years ago

I took the plunge finally and ordered kitchen cabinets yesterday. I started looking back in July 2011 and kept changing everything and couldn't decide what I wanted. The current cabinets are in good condition, but was tired of the look and layout that is why I started to look.

When I started to look, I budgeted $5,000 for cabinets and was looking at applied molding, maple and glazed cabinets. I ordered white painted raised panel beaded inset cabinets instead for $8,400 for 16 cabinets. Big change in both look and price of the cabinets. I probably looked at most of the brands that were available in the market too.

I ordered my Conestoga cabinets from Jim from the Cabinet Joint. He made a few great suggestions(especially with the hood cabinet) and of the Conestoga Resellers he actually listed to want I wanted and was very knowledgeable of what could and could not me done with them.

Yes, they do need to be assembled, but I'm pretty handy and years ago assembled and stained cabinets for my parent house. Also, my boss at work offered to help assemble them if I needed help since he and his wife have assembled Conestoga previously. Plus, my neighbor is a contractor too.

I want to thank everyone on GW for their suggestions, inspiration pictures and support during the past 3 1/2 years.
A special thanks to the KD's on here that made me see somethings in a different light.

Now I have more decisions with appliances, counters, back splash, etc. Hopefully those decisions don't take 3 1/2 years.

Comments (10)