SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccoombs1

After 6 1/2 years, we moved into our DIY house.

ccoombs1
15 years ago

First, I would like to say thank you to all who post on this board for sharing. I got so many wonderful ideas here and tons of inspiration. I know this kitchen would not have turned out so well except for the help I got here. I am including pictures of more than just the kitchen since this was a whole-house build. I pulled the permit on this house in May 2002. I designed it myself and my DH and I did most of the work ourselves. He's disabled, so I learned how to do a lot on my own but he was a huge help anyway and I sure couldn't have done it alone! He also gave me free reign on the designing....he trusted me enough to let me make all the design decisions even though we did battle over a few of them. lol! The fireplace is not in yet. We will do that over the summer. Also not even started is the master bedroom. The sunroom needs all the trim still, plus flooring. The trim rings are not installed on the recessed lighting yet either. I also have not finished moving in my furniture so it looks a little bare, but it is at least livable. Such a nice feeling, after so many years of working on this project.

Cindy

Here's a few details:

Flooring: Quartersawn white oak with waterlox finish

Cabinets: red oak with English chestnut stain (custom made)

Countertops and bar: Delicatus Granite (we also have this granite on the hearth and the front window sill)

Pantry door: Feather river from Home Depot

Refrig, microwave and oven are GE Profile

Cooktop is 36" GE monogram

Dishwasher is Broan

Hood is Broan rangemaster elite with remote blower

Sinks are both Ticor from Galaxy tool supply

Faucets are both Kohler Simplice

Cabinet hardware is from IKEA, called TAG

Comments (37)