SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Backsplash - finally after 3 long months

kellienoelle
11 years ago

Hello all, after a 3 month hiatus from kitchen remodeling, I am FINALLY ready to put the finishing touches on my kitchen and call it complete! I have been having a issue with my granite, that thankfully has been resolved so I can proceed full steam ahead! Unfortunately, I seem to have run out of steam in the interim. So with that being said, I finally picked out my tiles, but I went plain and simple (hopefully understated elegance) and without any sort of accent like I had originally been contemplating. I have selected 3" x 12" Crossville Retroactive porcelain tiles in Empress White with a matte finish. So my last very easy decisions involve grout color and tile placement, but I seem incapable of making them. Questions:

1. Grout - should I try to match the tiles to have it read as "clean" as possible or pick something with a bit of contrast?

2. Tile placement - my taste for kitchens veers toward contemporary but my house is traditional. So, I guess the style of my kitchen is "transitional". The shape makes them a little more contemporary than a traditional subway tile, but I could make it even more contemporary by stacking them. Or I could do the standard placement of of staggering by 1/2 or 1/3.

3. I wasn't going to put a backsplash under the floating shelves on the right, do you think it needs it?

Here is the long shot of the kitchen:

Here is a close up of the granite (Delicatus - which I LOVE and has now been restored to it's former glory) with the tile we picked (it is the one on the right side, ignore all the accent pieces)

What do you think?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH