SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peasknees

Where to stop a back splash

peasknees
9 years ago

I have a million questions, I've been searching the forums and back posts and they have been helpful, and a bit overwhelming. One thing I would love help with is a back splash and where to end it.
Some info on the kitchen, sorry for the phone picture, I'll have to try to get better ones soon.
My kitchen is U shaped.
When facing the kitchen, the hood and range are along the back wall.
There is a wall of windows with the sink under it and no cabinets on the left. There's also a ridiculous amount of outlets and stuff it seems.
I have a corner pantry on the right, with the fridge along the right wall.
My sink is under the windows so I think it would be best if I had a back splash there. To the left of the windows is a small wall, French doors, then the living room. To the right of the windows is a cabinet and garage on the opposite wall.
I really want some kind of tile. I'd like something neutral, not too busy as far as color. I like Subway tiles even hung in a herringbone or just the normal horizontal, or white Moroccan.Neither of which my SO loves. I do like neutral stones.

The only other places that need tile would be the back wall to the right of the windows where the hood and stove are (48 inch culinarian that I'm so excited about). The hood is exposed (no cabinetry around it) Stainless steel appliances.
And the wall where the refrigerator is, but there's only one cabinet there, so it's not a ton of back splash.

Color- dark wood, granite (new Caledonia) counter tops. Dark island, butcher block top. Dark floors. Stainless steel appliances. I am concerned that it's a lot of dark in there. Fixtures are an oil rubbed bronze.

My questions-
on the window wall, where do I end the back splash if I don't go all the way up the wall?
On the wall with the hood, do I end the back back splash under the hood? I don't think I can take it all the way up the wall.
Does anyone have pictures of ideas or examples?
Any tile ideas?
Thanks!

Comments (14)