SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eam44

Abbyson Living Leather Sectional cushion failure

eam44
9 years ago

Hi all. I am most often over in the Kitchen forum, but I have a problem that might need your expertise over here.

I bought a leather sectional sofa made by Abbyson Living two years ago. It isn't 100% my style, but I was won over by the leather quality and the price (retail is over 2K, I bought it for about half off). It has attached cushions that have compressed considerably over this short period of time (I'm 130 lbs dripping wet after Thanksgiving dinner with my niece in my arms) so that the leather is now quite creased. Some of those creases are about to tear.

I've called upholsterers and they tell me it'll cost more to re-stuff the sofa than it's worth. I don't want to send this to the landfill just yet. Can anyone offer input into how I might DIY this? I found one video online (link below) that shows how to remove the sofa back to access and replace cushions. It's made by a different company, but the process must be similar, right?

For cushions I was thinking latex. If I do this i don't want to ever have to do this again. Any input? Has anyone here re-stuffed a sofa with attached cusions?

Thanks for your help.

Link to video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIoUwS2Gil8

Comments (8)