SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

Too many items in the oven?

debrak2008
9 years ago

I had posted about make ahead potatoes but ended up doing them the day of the party. Some food didn't turn out like I hoped and I wondered if you can help me determine why.

I made what I call bundes. Crescent rolls filled with ground beef taco mixture, chicken/cream cheese, and black bean/cream cheese. I make the chicken and black bean ones all the time. I prepared them and then freeze them.

Today I put in two sheets of bundles at a time in the oven. One above the other. They did not turn out right. They tasted just fine but looked mostly terrible. Usually it takes 20 - 25 min in the oven at 350. I gave it extra time due to more being in the oven but they didn't seem to cook evenly. The crescent roll dough just would not cook. I turned up the oven, even using the broiler but did not like the results. Again the food tasted great but didn't look good and the dough was part over done and part under done. Why?

I had not done the beef ones before and the only difference in my method was that I used actual Pillsbury crescent rolls instead of the store brand which I recently became unhappy with. Was it the dough that made the difference or that I had too many things in the oven at once?

Comments (19)