SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Knee surgery for DH this week

nhbaskets
9 years ago

DH will be having knee replacement surgery this Wednesday at Mass General Hospital in Boston. He needs to be at MGH at 5:30 am that day, so we're planning on staying overnight in a nearby hotel the night before. We live a little over 1 hour away. Of course, a massive snowstorm is predicted for Tuesday. Hopefully that won't impact our travel down 95 into the city. I plan to stay overnight again on Wednesday night and head home early Thursday as I have a meeting at work I need to be at. DH possibly could come home on Friday, but we're hoping it's not until Saturday for my work purposes.

My boss has not been very amicable with the time I've requested to take due to DH's medical issues over the past year. This will be his third surgery in one year (pacemaker replacement, by-pass, and now knee replacement.) I have plenty of sick and vacation time available, he's just being difficult. This time I have filed FMLA paperwork for 'intermittent' absences, so I should be covered.

So glad we moved into a 55+ development last May. I won't have to deal with shoveling the driveway and walkway with all this snow coming. Trying to find the silver lining in what's sure to be a stressful time ahead.

Comments (19)