Revere ware copper bottom vs All-Clad aluminum core
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (16)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Which is it? disk bottom vs. all clad for fry vs. saute pan
Comments (27)Mary, I'm very happy with my 11" cuprinox style fry pan. But like you, I've spent time reading all the cookware articles. If there is one pan in your arsenal that you want to be thick and heavy, it would be the frying pan, (at least for some cooking). I think the Demeyere Atlantis skillet would be a great choice because it is lighter,(than copper or iron) but still thick and would never warp at high heat-thanks to the stainless. Good cookware will sometimes make up for a less than perfect heat source. I have a powerful gas range with nice big star shaped burners, so I don't really need the thickest pan. But if you were to sear a steak with a weak burner, you would like a nice thick pan to hold more heat - once you preheat it. Otherwise, the meat would 'suck' the heat out of the thiner pan, before the burner could catch up and supply enough heat to get it hot again. I remember you saying you weren't sure on what you were cooking with, but wanted a good fry pan that's not too heavy. I think the Demeyere would be a good choice, I don't own it but I've seen the fry pan and it looks good.- should be easy to clean and is induction capable. I like the inside silvernox finish as well. Price is tough to swallow, but I saw one on sale that was the floor sample at a Sur La Table store...- so if you look long enough? What do I think about the All Clad copper core stuff? It is bomb proof, and I'm really impressed with it. It's not induction capable, and it's not particularly light (because of the copper). Total thickness at the edge, even with all those plies is not very thick. My guess is that the Demeyere Atlantis would do better as a fry pan, even without the copper, because the aluminum is so thick, - while remaining fairly light. Sure copper heats a little faster.. but the race isn't always won by the fastest and fry pans are one item that thickness and therefore heat capacity is just as important....See MoreComparison: All Clad to JC Penney Cooks brand.
Comments (8)I just bought the jc pennys cooks brand 13pc set(tri ply stainless not copper) a month ago and I couldnt be happier.I coudlnt afford the all clad and this is my first experience cooking with stainless.I read good reviews on the cooks and luckily it was on sale at pennys for 149.00. After reading reviews about stainelss sticking and hard clean up I was a bit apprehensive but let me tell you the cooks cookware cleans up like a dream, seriously. I dont cook on high heat, usually setting 7 is as high as Ive cooked with it but clean up is a breeze.I use bar keepers friend and they come out like brand new.I am amazed at frying my eggs, a light spray of cooking oil and I can flip the eggs in the pan, then slide them off on a plate..no mess whatsoever...bacon wasnt a problem either.I like the weight of the pieces,not too heavy but not too thin either.The "new" revereware I think is thinner than the old revereware but this cooks is still heavier than the old revereware. They feel well made and the stainless interior is smooth not rough turned like a philippe richard fryer pan I bought which is rough and turned dull inside after I used bar keepers friend on it.This set of cooks is a big step up for me since I cant afford much, but Im very pleased and happy with my purchase.If the copper set is as nice as the stainless you will be happy....See MoreFully clad SS vs. disc bottoms
Comments (32)I posted this on another thread and thought that it might be relevant here. The Costco Kirkland stainless steel cookware is very good! Better than good because of the price and great quality (not made in China) it is excellent. I like what Costco represents and their business practices are very good, I don't however like what Walmart and Sam's club stand for. They have horrible treatment of employees and their overall work ethic is a scandal. When will Americans realize this and turn away from it or do they not care as long as they are saving a few dollars? You don't see this in other countries by the way. Here is my posting from another thread: I would like to give a different review of this cookware. I love them! I don't see what is wrong with buying the set. I use them all. Maybe I don't use each piece every time I cook but I have used them many times since I purchased them in December 2005. Not all the pieces are heavy. Only two of the pots really are (the sauté pan with lid, and the large sauce pot but both of them have a second handle on the opposite side of the regular handle) the rest of them are not so heavy considering the material and quality. These are very solid pieces. I don't know what is sold in the Costco stores anymore since the ones shown on their website didn't appear to have any Copper in them but the ones that I bought have Copper in them as well as Stainless steel. The Copper is a small (1 cm thick) band at the bottom of each pan/pot. I am very pleased with this set. They are very functional, easy to clean, affordable, and they do a great job. I've put them in the dishwasher a few times and although the Copper band at the bottom looks a bit spotted and discolored (can be easily polished with mild metal polish if you want that) the pieces are dishwasher safe. I have two All Clad pots and I have to say that although the weight and handle sizing of these two brands are different I think that the Costco version is quite good. It lived up to my expectations and then some. In fact I liked it so much I bought and brought it back with me to Sweden which is where I live. For the price that I paid and the same quality you cannot find that here! I should add in case anyone wants to know the pieces are made in Thailand. It is imprinted on the bottom of each piece. Thailand is not China. There is still quality in Thailand. I doubt that Costco would be selling these pieces if the quality was lacking....See MoreHelp with Revere Ware
Comments (18)I used to buy it for about $2 apiece (pot and lid) at Goodwill. I bought everything but the skillets, since I used cast iron skillets. I just couldn't pass it up. I ended up with three sets. I gave one to my daughter when she moved into her first apartment. She later gave it back to me, when she and her boyfriend bought "something new and better". One day I was going to town and about three miles from here, I saw my neighbor on horseback and she frantically flagged me down. She said she thought she had forgotten and left some pots on the stove, so she tied up her horse and I drove her home. The stove was on low, but the pots she was cooking in were burned black, but at least she didn't catch her house on fire. I watched as she threw the ruined pots over the side of her deck....she lived in a beach house. I was thinking, "What crummy pots." They were those teflon lined things. That evening when my husband came home, I got him to take her a full set of the Revereware. It was several small to large pots, all with lids and a big pot (dutch oven??), anyway, she was so thrilled to have them and couldn't believe I was giving them away. I was happy to find a home for them....and I still had a set, plus another set of Farberware pots, which are good and have heavy bottoms, but not copper bottoms....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: The Well-Stocked Starter Kitchen
We’ve got all the kitchen basics and tableware you need (or that recent grad needs) to make cooking a joy
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN16 Practical Ideas to Borrow From Professional Kitchens
Restaurant kitchens are designed to function efficiently and safely. Why not adopt some of their tricks in your own home?
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHouzz Call: What Have You Salvaged for Home Use?
If your floors, furniture, exterior materials or other home elements have a past life, we'd like to hear the story
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Modern Kitchen Inspired by Edwardian Style
Attention to detail and functionality make for a kitchen that is as beautiful to work in as it is to look at
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSUpgrade Your Windows for Beauty, Comfort and Big Energy Savings
Bid drafts or stuffiness farewell and say hello to lower utility bills with new, energy-efficient windows
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESOriginal Home Details: What to Keep, What to Cast Off
Renovate an older home without regrets with this insight on the details worth preserving
Full Story
LIFEHow Do You Make Your Tea and Coffee in the Morning?
A morning cup is a must for many, and preparation comes in many guises. We look at coffee and tea habits across the Houzz community
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNTrick Out Your Kitchen Backsplash for Storage and More
Free up countertop space and keep often-used items handy by making your backsplash more resourceful
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHang 'Em or Hide 'Em: 10 Stylish Ways to Store Pots and Pans
Keep cookware neat and at the ready with racks, drawers and creative storage solutions
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Confidential: 9 Trends to Watch for in 2016
Two top interior designers share their predictions for the coming year
Full Story
daxlis8