SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

too many photos on phone - what to do AND iCloud questions

bbstx
9 years ago

DH bought me the new iPhone 6+. In transferring data from old iPhone to new one, I discovered that I have appx 1500 photos on my phone. Granted, I can probably delete 2/3rds of them. I take pictures willy nilly, using them as reminders, instead of writing notes, and just for silliness sometimes. It was so much data, the AT&T store had to keep my phone overnight to get all of the transfers done.

The first time I charged my new phone, I got a message that I had insufficient iCloud space to back up my phone. I went to iCloud.com from my non-Apple PC. All I could find saved was my Contacts. I would guess that I have 250 Contacts, hardly enough to eat up all of the free iCloud space. There is no Photo folder on my iCloud - that I can see.

So, here are my questions:

-Can I move the photos from my phone to an external hard drive? If so, how? Would it be better to move them someplace else, like my Photobucket account, where I could at least access them? Some photos are of events such as my niece's birthday party. I don't really want those photos, buy my sister does. What is the best method to get them to her? Thumb drive? Photobook?

-Why aren't my photos showing up in my iCloud account? Is it because I am accessing the account on a PC instead of an Apple product?

Any other advice for me?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH