SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bemurda

AR Performer vs. Capital Culinarian

BeMurda
9 years ago

Hi all,

My wife and I are having a heck of a time finalizing our choice of range. We have narrowed it down to the 36" all gas American Range Performer Series and a 36" Capital Culinarian with customized burners (four 25k burners and two 8k burners). Originally we were going to get a Bluestar, but we nixed that after some nice salespeople turned on the oven for us and let us touch the door and the kickplate. It was unreasonably hot, four people who touched it agreed that it would burn them within one second (we all had to pull our hands away immediately).

We like the aesthetics of the AR much more, but we like our custom burner layout of the CC better. The CC is $500 more here in Canada. The AR may or may not have worse reliability, I am not sure.

Can anyone help us choose? With the strong American dollar price increases are coming into effect up here in two weeks and we need to sort this out. We are sort of stuck!

I have searched these forums, but any further stories or advice you have would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Blake

Comments (4)