SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thelex_gw

Help - contractor unable to install Hansgrohe Citterio tub spout

thelex
9 years ago

He goes to put on the tub spout and tells me it won't fit because it's "not standard". What do you mean not standard? He tells me that "standard" tub spouts like Delta have a set screw that locks the spout and its rubber grommet against the copper pipe. Hansgrohe it appears, uses a threaded adapter. It comes with a 3/4" NPT outside thread and I would assume from the drawing the inside is also threaded but at 1/2" NPT. The scale drawing states two adapters are included.

Nonetheless, the straight pipe my contractor put in does not have any kind of threaded adapter on it. And the tile is already on the wall. It looks like he would have to remove the tile and sweat on the proper part.

Is there another solution? The contractor is getting ready to tell me it's my fault for not ordering a "standard" plumbing fixture. Mind you, I had told him at the start that we're using all Hansgrohe. I also told this to his plumber sub when he was actually doing the work, and the guy replied that he has worked with Hansgrohe before. The general complains that the part was "not on site". Well, everyone has a cell phone these days and you can look the dammed part up on the internet! I'm so pissed right now. This guy has been nickel and dimming me with change orders.

What are my options right now? Should I just stand my ground and get him to make it right somehow? Is there some kind of special adapter that we can use without having to pull the tile off the wall?

{{gwi:2132684}}

{{gwi:2132685}}

Comments (23)