SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevininphx

February 2015 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden?

kevininphx
9 years ago

I hope Grant doesn't mind me beating him to posting this monthly thread typically started by him :-D BUT I have some photos I was too excited to share this morning as things are looking great this February! Can't wait to see the updates from HIS garden :-D

Large leafed/flowering crown of thorns is going nuts :-D

Kalenchoe "pink lips" & some wax begonia & cyclamen in the background

variegated nasturtiums with a small Japanese aralia, red dianthus, orange Icelandic poppies, petunias, wax geranium, marigold with stock and a small tea tree

another "blue daddy" petunia with some "cascading" yellow snapdragons

a little plant stand my Aunt gave me Christmas 2013 with cyclamen, Mexican heather, lobelia & bacopa

large pot with dragon wing begonia & banana, small fiber optic grass & a variegated crown of thorns

Hanging basket of alyssum, petunias & snapdragon

another pot with some primrose, wax begonia & English daisies

another hanging basket with sweet peas & pansies

view of the fog this morning

another variety of "kalenchoe" from Hawaii - they sell these from a single rooted leaf cutting in a little plastic bag in Hawaii (even in the airport) and it actually does well here in Phoenix if you protect it from frost or direct sun in summer!)

That's it for now - these are just my front patio annuals for the most part - I will try to post some of my carport area (cactus & succulents) and my back patio which is mostly shade tolerant tropicals and roses on the west side :-D Beautiful weather for the plants other than that one frost we've had! (in which I lost some pencil cactus & firestick + some New Guinea impatiens & begonia damage/leaf color change)

Comments (18)