SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ckramer48

Poseidon & Plum Perfect Roses

blueKYstream
9 years ago

I've been reading forums on this site for about 5 years, but this is my first time posting. I live in Kentucky not far from Cincinnati, OH which is zone 6/5. I had a Livin' Easy rose die last year during the brutal winter, and I've been researching different rose options ever since. I like mixing in some unique plants that flower a lot, but aren't the same old, same old. I liked the Livin' Easy, but I'm not crazy about roses that seem to be a mix of colors. Livin' Easy was more a reddish-orange color that faded to a pinkish-orange.

I have some questions about Poseidon (a Kordes rose) I'm hoping can be answered. I've read a lot of great things about this rose; it sounds like it's a rose that's healthy and hardy. I have some questions though. I called an online retailer that said that the rose does well, but the blooms suffer during the hot, humid days. I was wondering if anyone that grows this rose can attest to that. Does this rose fade much? Also, is Poseidon self-cleaning? Last, how tall can I expect it to get? I've read all sorts of varying heights. Most retailers say 3 to 3.5 feet, but it sounds like that may be a bit shorter than some attest to.

One alternative that the retailer gave me was Plum Perfect. She said it bloomed better in humidity. There isn't a ton of information on this rose as it is fairly new to the market (2014 introduction I think). In addition to the above questions, I'm not sure if this rose is going to get the size I want. From what I read, this rose will not grow over 3 feet tall. It may be premature to have this question answered if it was introduced last year. If I went with this rose, I'd put it in a different spot and probably choose a 2nd rose.

Comments (47)