SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickitg

I met the author of my favorite book!

vickitg
15 years ago

I don't think I told you all about this yet. A few weeks ago I went to a book signing by Karen Joy Fowler, who wrote my favorite book "Sarah Canary." Those of you who have been around here awhile probably know how much I like that book. Several years ago, my husband even had a t-shirt silk screened for me with a big picture of a yellow bird (not actually a canary, but close), and the words Sarah Canary.

Anyway, Fowler was hilarious, and kept us all in stiches. She was actually promoting her latest book "Wit's End," a mystery. But after her talk, I stood in line to get my t-shirt signed. She was so excited about my shirt that she asked if we could take some pictures ... which didn't come out.

But I told her how much I loved two of her main characters from S.C. -- Chin and B.J. She was thrilled to hear that and said: "I will never write another book with characters I love that much." Wow.

Anyway, I had to e-mail and let her know that the pix didn't come out. I promised to take some more and send them. She wrote me a really nice e-mail in response.

It was so great to meet a favorite author and have her be just as delightful in person as I had hoped she would be.

Well that's my long story.

Comments (14)