SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Where did you get your name?

rosefolly
16 years ago

I vaguely remember that we had a thread on this subject at some time past, but if so I've lost track of it. Anyway, there are enough new members that it is worth doing again.

Once upon a time we did not need to register, and names did not need to be unique. When all that changed, people came up with some very clever ways to describe themselves. I have often wondered at the origin of some of the names.

I'll start. I was on Gardenweb's Antique Rose Forum years before I started posting on Readers Paradise, and my online name Rosefolly comes from my garden passion. It has a double meaning for me. Not only do I like roses past any reasonable level, to the point of folly, but I also wanted to invoke the 18th century garden folly, an ornamental structure that highlights a garden to invoke a sense of the mysterious and beautiful. My name is not Rose at all; it is Paula. I do not mind when members sometimes address me as Rose. In fact I like both the name my mother gave me and my own adopted name equally well.

Rosefolly

Comments (66)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County