SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebelle_riverina

What roses did you plant this winter??

Bluebelle_Riverina
18 years ago

I was a little slow getting my new roses into the ground this year, but they are finally there. I never seem to be able to get myself organised to get mail order roses and I am at the stage where I have most of the common one's I want. But I really like to see the roses I'm buying and the general nurseries only have limited selection.

I have added Blueberry Hill to the mauve bed, and also a couple more Angel Face. Best Friend has gone in to a bed with mostly darker pinks, and I planted a third Manou Meilland to make a group of three. I purchased a Charles de Gaulle from the nursery so I hope to compare it with the original group of three C de G which are too like Lady X for my liking.

Tiffany is still waiting to be planted out, but she is in a pot so will wait a little longer till I get the energy and time to dig another hole. I have been busy remulching the garden, getting ready for the summer, and pruning things like the buddleias and escallonias. It's a bit of an effort to mulch all the garden, but it saves on weeding later.

Next year I'm definitely going to get Veteran's Honour (City of Newcastle), Opening Night and Barbra Striesand. Perhaps I should order them now!

Comments (33)