SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisonoz_gw

new lawn-mower considerations 2 or 4 and what?

alisonoz_gw
18 years ago

Well I am about to throw the Victa 2 stroke over the embankment, coz I can't get the thing to start. Mobile mechanic comes and of course it starts first pull for him. Not for me.

But it's smokey, noisy, vibrates. And of course I suppose I commit the sin of storing the oil & petrol mix past a reasonable period when it doesn't get much use.

I have always had a 2-stroke, I guess that was just "the thing" when I started gardening. 4-strokes, I have no conception of how they operate except by reading articles tonight they are more environmentally friendly and quieter. I dunno how I would cope with oil changes and such.

I don't anything really fancy it's just a residential block, no really steep bits. I want something that's RELIABLE and user-friendly. Not all women are useless with mechanics, but I am.

I rather like the idea of a key start, if I could afford it, but if it was something that didn't pull my back out every time, I could still cope with a pull-start.

I would really like this to be the LAST mower I buy without going completely over the top on price.

Any reviews/suggestions?

Comments (8)