SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friedag

What books have RPers put you onto?

friedag
15 years ago

Reflecting on the nine years I've been visiting Reader's Paradise, I'm finding it fun to think about the books I've read that have been instigated by RPers. So I thought I would share these recommendations and mentions that sparked my interest.

I will name the books and give attributions when I know them. I have such an awful memory that I would appreciate hearing from anyone who thinks s/he might be the original mentioner. I sure don't mean to omit or slight anyone. Think I'll do these in lots of five, as I think of them. Anyone who would like to recall their own RP-inspired books and the inspirers, please jump in!

Many, many thanks for the following:
The first single-book discussion I lead here at RP was for The Go-Between. Jankin was the recommender. Her insight was invaluable and made for me an unforgettable experience.
The Assassin's Cloak: An Anthology of the World's Greatest Diarists -- This one was from Astrokath. To Kath I also owe Lily Brett's Too Many Men.
Margaret Forster's Lady's Maid -- from PAM of the all caps

Of course I can't leave out her enthusiasm for George Gissing either. :-)
Gillian Tindall's The House by the Thames -- from Vee R, who has sent me on many a search for a book she has mentioned
From Carolyn of Kentucky, lover of mysteries and suspense: Mary Luke's The Nonsuch Lure

Comments (28)