SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennye_gw

Remodeling nightmare...how much $$ am I out?

jennye
17 years ago

I wont go into too many details, but I hired a distant relative at my father's recommendation to do some remodeling work. Needless to say, the shower pan had no liner, no drain, and the tile job looks like a three yr. old did it. The wood floor is coming up. There are other problems, as well such as a leaking toilet. To make things worse, a sewage pipe corroded through. I stopped him from working and hired a licensed contractor. I am wondering what labor costs would be in the southwest (phoenix) for the following:

-Fix sewage pipe.

-master bath:

move plumbing two feet over for one sink, paint, drywall repair behind mirrors for two vanities. Install new plumbing fixtures. (The floors are being done by a separate contractor who specializes in concrete and the cabinet co. is installing the cabs.). Paint.

-Spare bath: Install new plumbing fixtures and new toilet. Drywall repair behind old mirror, replace light fixture. Paint.

-Powder room: New toilet, repair dry wall behind mirrors, hang new light. Paint.

-Install 650 sq. feet of engineered wood floor over concrete (Actually, the new contractors have to remove what was originally put down and clean the glue off) and refloat floor.

-Remove shutters from a 9ft. x 5 ft. window and reframe. Same for a 4 ft. by 2 ft. window.

-Hang a new hall light and replace two ceiling fans.

-Paint trim in house (2000 sq. feet).

-Kithen: Remove cabs and counter. Install new appliances including a cooktop and hood and a built-in oven/micro. (new wiring needed).Replace two lights.Install ikea cabs. and island

-Frame in laundry room with pocket door and remove wall in kitchen (about 7 ft. long). Remove closet in kitchen to install ikea pantries. Paint kitchen.

-haul two loads of trash away.

-install new electric outlets and lights in whole house.

-install 5 new doors and 9 new door knobs.

-Hang 4 blinds.

Thanks so much!

Comments (5)