SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suebot

I am so mad I am going to freak out; I have had it

suebot
17 years ago

Dear Gardeners-

I need to vent before I explode; I just may explode anyway. I went out in my yard to plant some impatiens and took a look at my rudbeckia since my husband noted everyone else's is blooming but ours. Well what do you think I found? You guessed it!!!! Those beautiful deer and I do mean that wholeheartedly chomped down my rudbeckias, my coneflowers, my hostas of course, but what hurt the most was all my special daylilys. Why don't they eat the native daylilys that line the driveway and road? My neighbor has a million hostas and they never touch hers and she doesn't do anything to deter them. Well, her husband is quite scary and when he yells at his dogs he sounds like a deranged woman on crack!! I live in a very rural area of CT and since it is mostly wooded there is no way to fence in my property. It would cost me a fortune. I am at my wits end. We have tried coyote urine, human hair, dried blood, Irish Spring, and Hinder all to no avail. I want to cry. What is the sense of spending alot of money and hours of hard work when they come and chomp it all down. It is not like the woods are barren. There is plenty of vegetation for them to eat. If anyone has any suggestions for me or if you just want to commiserate, misery loves company!

Thanks for listening,

suebot in CT

Comments (21)