SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_in_florida

Pity Party Anyone????

ann_in_florida
16 years ago

I'm so down in the dumps and just can't seem to dig my way out. For over a year, I've had a very good job as an office manager. I loved the job and loved the young couple I worked for. We were more like family than business related. In August, the wife filed for divorce and it became known that he was addicted to cocaine. In the last two months, he has been in and out of three different rehab facilities and has been in jail three times. I managed to stick by him, have faith in him and keep the business going. To make a long story short, last Friday morning, I came in to find he had sold the business to another company and I was out of a job. This all must have happened on Thursday, as I had jury duty that day. The bad part is that no one was paid last Friday. We all had a week witheld when we started working so that means we're due another paycheck on Friday, which I'm sure we won't get either. My hubby is disabled and his income pays our monthly mortgage. My income paid all our other bills. We had no savings, as we were basically living with about two weeks in reserve. I applied for unemployment and was told it would take 3-4 weeks to recieve a check. Does anyone have any idea how to try and collect from a deadbeat employer that has stiffed employees? This is the worst possible time of year for this to happen.

Comments (32)