SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

What I did with my paintbrush this weekend (pics)

alisande
14 years ago

I don't have much skill in decorative painting, but I have enthusiasm! :-)

Here are some ornaments I painted. This year a friend of mine adopted a poodle who had lived her whole life in a cage producing litters for a puppy mill. Her new name is Boo.

I encouraged another friend to write a short story for Woman's World this year, and when it was accepted I decided she needed an ornament to commemorate the occasion.

And here's one of the ornaments I made for my late cousin Terry's grandsons.

I painted a couple of inexpensive wooden masks for two little girls in the family. When I took pictures of them just now, I saw a couple of rather serious mistakes. In this one, his whiskers are coming out of his nose. I've had multiple cats in this house for 30 years, and I didn't know that whiskers don't spring from a cat's nose??? LOL The recipient doesn't have a cat, so maybe she won't notice. Or maybe I can tell her purple cats have a different arrangement for their whiskers.

In this one, I neglected to put hair at the sides of her head. I assume that what the bumps on either side are for. This recipient does have a head, so I'm thinking she'll probably notice. This picture looks like the princess has blue nostrils (to go with her blue blood?), but actually they're grey.

And finally, this is what I did with two Styrofoam snowflakes from Dollar Tree (6/$1). I painted two of them like this (metallic gold in the middle, metallic silver on the outside, with gold dots), and my plan is to glue them together with wire sandwiched between, and create a tree topper. They weigh nothing . . . it was like painting air.

{{!gwi}}

What have my fellow artists/crafters been making so far this season?

Comments (17)