SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

This year's ornament for the swap party- 2 photos....

FlamingO in AR
13 years ago

I told you I would show you what I made when I got them done. I finished these last night. They are made from brown wool that has a lot of really pretty colors woven into it and it was felted before I bought it. I sewed tiny bags out of them, turned them, added glittery brad noses and black eyes, stitched a mouth and eyebrows, punched little holes into the top sides and threaded folded ears onto a chenille stem and then poked them into the bag and turned the stem up to hold it. Wrapped a little bit of fake holly on wire around one side of the stem for a little flash of color and voila- they are done.

These were not what I had planned to do, but after making a prototype of a felt ornie, I decided it was too blah and decided to do something different. I like these OK, they're really different and small and cute, I think the other ladies will like them. They're not the most involved or intricate ornies I've ever made, but considering I left it so late and didn't start in March like I did when I made those faeries, I think they'll do fine. Working on them was a little frustrating because they're so little.

The party is on the 16th, I'll post photos on the 17th to show you what everyone else made.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert