SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Good morning!

Kathsgrdn
16 years ago

Morning everyone! Making potato pancakes this morning with leftover mashed potatoes.

It's kinda glumy out today and cold. Doing laundry to get ready for work tomorrow. I really don't want to go back, do I HAVE to go back?

Going to leave the tree up till next week. Do you take yours down right away or leave it up till the New Year?

Might play card games later today with the kids.

Hope you all have a great day!

Comments (10)

• kioni
    16 years ago

Good Morning back to you Kathsgrdn!

We had a nice day yesterday also, best thing was that DH and I did not overeat like we usually do, such a nice feeling to not be 'stuffed'. It's so hard over the holidays, everyone is always setting out such delicious yummies and then you don't realize you've been grazing for several hours!

We have more family to visit with today, but that's later on today, in the afternoon. I've got a mess in my house I aim to attack and destroy this morning, to give us more walking space.

What kind of card games do your kids enjoy playing? Mine like Rumoli (because of the poker chips, they like to piles those into impressive heaps in the tray), and dh introduced them to crib a while ago, they liked the pegging, and they like blackjack...but with the poker chips again. Hmm, maybe it's just the poker chips?

Have a great day, hope you get what you want done AND feel rested!

• grammahony
    16 years ago

I think the reason I tend to over do on holidays, is everyone brings their favorite dish or snack, and usually it is associated with the particular holiday, and you may not see it/get to eat it, again until next year, so you gotta have some. Some of this, some of that. And that was so good, I'll just have a little more.
    Then you take some leftovers home. Yummy, lasagna for today from my sister's Christmas eve dinner. I have chili from her too. But that gets better with age.
    I'll be posting some pictures later, but gotta download them and get them into Photobucket first.
    I'll be cleaning up the kitchen of all the wrapping supplies etc. today, but I'll be leaving my snowmen decorations out till February or so, probably. They're cute.
    Leslie
    Leslie

• Nita__AZ
    16 years ago

Morning Kathleen...those potato pancakes sound yummy.

Nice quiet day here today, I will probably not get dressed until noon. Not much to clean up here since I cleaned up the mess from opening packages right after breakfast yesterday. Bobby got some really neat clothes so they are already put away. He also got an Ipod and an airsoft rifle so those have been put away also.

I sent plenty of leftovers home with our friend. We will finish off the rest for dinner tonight. Need to rearrange the dinning room but that is about it for straightening up the house.

Hope you get done what you want and still have some time to relax.

• heather_on
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone. Well leftover turkey and bones were taken to my sister's as she likes to make soup. I received from DH some French Onion Soup bowls so that is what we will be having for lunch.

We are just going to be putting our new toys together. DH has an extensive vinyl record collection, but we didn't have a record player to play them......I know, we live in the dark ages. I bought him a record player that is a CD recorder so that he can record all his old precious LP's to CD's. DH bought me a small flat screen TV for our bedroom so I will set that up today.

I refuse to go near the stores today for Boxing Day sales.

• LorifromUtah
    16 years ago

A slow kind of morning here.

The house is still somewhat wrecked as we were gone most of day and later into the evening last night visiting family.
    It's not so bad though we can't live with it.
    I THINK I work today...lol....but I'm not sure.
    If this week's schedule was discussed I either forgot or didn't hear. I am ready to go. I'm sure if I"m not scheduled but show up the boss will having something for me to day and that's fine. I don't get paid leave and my check's are alarmingly little if I miss a week in the pay period!

The dishwasher is full of clean dishes so there's a few dirties on the counter. But this is easily fixed. The family room is in pretty good shape with just small scraps of wrapping paper on the floor. A good vacuuming is needed but that can wait too.

Lori

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kioni, we usually play spades, rummy and poker (with change not poker chips). I want to relearn how to play hearts, used to play years ago but can't remember how to.

• susan_on
    16 years ago

Good morning. I am TIRED this morning. We had ten people, so we had to bring an extra table in. Then DS dropped pasta on the white tablecloth, it's been a bugger getting that stain out. I used my china, which doesn't go in the dishwasher, but DH was nice enough to do the dishes and put the house back together last night. So the only thing left is the tree, and he will probaby take it down tomorrow when I go to work. He likes it gone, once Christmas is over.

• vannie
    16 years ago

Good morning KT! Lazy, rainy, cool day here. DH has already been to Kohl's and bought a new coat. He is not a shopper, so this was something for him. Sometimes he goes out in public looking like a homeless person and he couldn't care less. Since he retired I think he's had on a tie maybe twice and that was to a funeral! Gonna relax and gradually get this Christmas stuff put away. Going out to dinner tonight w/ one of my BFFs and her DH. I hope ya'll have a relaxing day. It's easier to have one of those when it's raining and cool.

• kimmie5
    16 years ago

Good morning! Gosh it has been awhile since I have said that to any of you!
    Happy holidays, y'all!!!!!!

• Kathsgrdn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good to see you back Kimmie!

And the sun has finally come out. Still doing laundry.