SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Looking for suggetions for things to see - Baltimore MD area

jel48
11 years ago

We're going to be visiting my daughter and son-in-law, who live at Aberdeen Proving Ground. I understand they're actually about an hour's drive from Baltimore, but that's the general area. We'll be there for about a week. They have some days off, but not all, so I'm looking for ideas for things we might do with them (go further afield) and also things we might do on our own (prefer closer so we can be back at their house by the time they get off work). My daughter has sent me a list of ideas, and I've researched online, but was thinking some of the folks here might have some good ideas of things we haven't thought of.

DC - museums, national mall, monuments, zoo, Vietnam Memorial wall (1.5 hr drive)

Air & Space in Virginia -space shuttle, concorde, enola gay (2 hr drive)

Gettysburg - if weather is good (2 hr drive)

Hershey, PA - chocolate! (2 hr drive)

Philadelphia - Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, museums (2 hr drive)

NYC - museums, Central Park, etc (2 hr drive + 2 hr bus)

Baltimore - Inner Harbor, Ft McHenry (1 hr drive)

Havre de Grace - little lighthouse, a few small museums (maritime, decoy), antique shops (10 - 15 min - good especially if you want something local to do when we're at work) - Havre de Grace is included on the list because they used to live there and I never got to visit when they were there.

Any suggestions? We like all kinds of things, so any suggestions will be considered and very welcome!

Thanks much!

Comments (7)