SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Baking and Candy Making - Share your pictures!

jel48
13 years ago

I've been baking for a couple of weeks, but yesterday was the most 'colorful' day. These goodies will add a lot more color to the gift containers.

Emi and her friend Lexie made these:

This is the White Gumdrop Fudge - I loved the way it came out!

These lemon cookies are really good - the recipe came from the Readers Digest's Most Popular Cookies - Link is below - These were so easy - 1 cake mix plus 2 eggs plus 1/3 cup veg oil. The recipe was for Lemon ones, but I also made Cherry and Orange. I'm thinking they'd be really pretty at Easter time as well!

Rolos, melted in the oven with a Pecan half pressed in:

Another view of the girl's Pretzel / Hershey's Kiss candies:

Another view of the White Gumdrop Fudge:

The finished product! Put together with other cookies I'd already baked, packaged (6 of each kind), and ready to go home with family or friends!

Besides the ones we did yesterday, we've also made Sugar Cookies (rolled in green or red sugar), Chocolate Waffle Cookies, Peanut Blossoms (Peanut butter with a candy kiss in the middle), Oatmeal Cinnamon, Oriental Noodle Cookies, Mini-Chip Snowball Cookies, and Peanut Butter Heath Cookies.

I'd still have the ingredients and would like to finish making Sour Cream Raisin Bars, Holly Dolly Bars, and Salted Nut Rolls, as well as some more Sugar Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies.

Christmas baking is expensive and a lot of work and I don't do it every year, but it is sure a lot of fun to have them to hand out. I love doing that!

I know some have already shared pictures of Christmas Goodies in another thread (the one about the kind of Cookies we PLANNED to make), but if you didn't put pics there, how about posting some here? I'd love to see them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Readers Digest Most Popular Cookes - State by State

Comments (12)