SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Gift Giving Delima

Vickey__MN
14 years ago

Okay I have the MIL from he11 Why do I try to please I don't know...so here's the story.

I've learned how to make felted slippers. Decided to give her a pair for Christmas. I haven't started them yet, but have the yarn. DH calles her up yesterday with an excuse to get her shoe size. Mentions how I make these slippers out of wool.blah blah blah. She SAYS she's allergic to wool. Now mind you when MOST people say they're allergic to wool it's because they would get itchy from the OLD style of wool, that was itchy. Newer wools are VERY SOFT, and when felted are extremely soft and not itchy. DIL (who has rheumitoid artheritis and is immune suppresed and is allergic to many many things) always thought she was allergic to wool. I made her a pair of socks. Had her wear a piece of yarn around her wrist, no reaction. Made the socks..she now wears them ALL THE TIME as they are warm and no reactions. Merano Wool is a different breed of sheep, and thus NOT THE problems of the older wool people reacted from before. (Think old army wool blankets..shudder).

SO, do I make her the slippers (which she could wear with socks to be polite..which I would if it were my kid or DIL)..I'm 99% sure she is NOT allergic to this wool, and the slippers would be just fine, or save myself the possible heartache and just use that yarn for someone who would for sure like the slippers..trust me I know MANY others who would LOVE my knitting?

Majority rules, and I won't start the slippers until Wednesday!

Thanks for all opinions.

Vickey.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County