SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

One more Thanksgiving DUH for me...the biggest one

pattico_gw
16 years ago

We had a good day today....with the exception of...

a phone call.

One of my cousins called at about 1:30 this afternoon asking if we were coming to the Thanksgiving Dinner...

I was without words....I remember being told several times this year that Thanksgiving would be on Friday this year. I remember this well, because it works out better for us. That way we can get our kids together on Thurs and go to the fire barn on Friday.

We had the table all set and were just sitting when they called. They had been waiting on us.

We told them we though it was tomorrow so we said NO we won't be there.

I was pretty dissapointed. The one that always is in charge of renting the hall and getting things together called later to apologise. She said she would have called me had she known I though it was tomorrow.

Denny says he remembers her saying (in Aug at a restaurant) "Now don't forget , Thanksgiving is on Fri. this year"....so I'm not the only one who heard that.

Oh well...I'll see them all on Christmas Eve. because it is my cousin Keith's birthday. He is 2 years younger than I am. We were very close growing up. He is the one I was raised with. So I never miss his birthday.

Anyway...I just thought I'd report the last DUH of the day...I hope ...lol

How'd your day go????

patti

Comments (5)